Saturday, May 11, 2013

So it begins...

I've been told by many that I should start a blog - at first, I was fairly resistant, as I'm not super tech-savvy.  However, after ruminating on the subject, I figured, what better way to share my work and ideas??  So for better or worse, here we go... 

My name is Aaron Lucas.  I reside in the great city of Charleston, SC and am a self-employeed "Maker of Things"/"Glorified Handyman"/"Artisan".  If you've read my profile, I specialize in wood, but do work with other materials.  I've had quite the array of projects over the past number of years and figured that I'd let the pictures do the talking. For the sake of keeping this first post short and to the point, take a look below at some of my favorites... These represent the end product, but I plan to document certain projects from start to finish.

Cutting board made of walnut, cherry and maple. 

Custom hand-chisled heart pine knife presentation boxes for Husk Restaurant.

Heart pine server station for Husk Restaurant.

Tore these bad boys out of an elementary school that was about to be demolished - on the left is the "before".  On the right is after I got hold of them. 


More to come, as I continue to figure this blog thing out... 

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment